The Wannabees Trails will be-reopened for exercise, subject to the terms and conditions of the South African Government’s Covid-19 Lockdown Level 4 regulations. Members must adhere to the regulations and be self-responsible in this regard.
Kindly note that Helderberg Farm Trails are not currently open for cycling.
The following club terms and restrictions will apply during this period:
- Only members will be permitted to make use of the club’s trail infrastructure
- The time slot stipulated by the Government’s Level 4 regulations (06:00 to 09:00) imply that athletes will have to conduct part of their exercise routine in the dark. A special trail access corridor has been set up where bike lights will be permitted during the early hours of the morning. This is especially important to avoid annoying landowners and to also reduce the risk of injuries along technical sections in the dark. See map below:
- New early morning entrance in Bredell road – no access through Eendrag farm during dark hours
- No access between Somerset College and Vredenburg farm during dark hours
- Do not cycle in groups; keep social distancing considerations in mind at all times
- Please remember to wear a Buff or mask over your mouth and nose. It is required by the Level 4 regulations. Carry sanitiser, you may need it.
- No park and ride will be allowed from Somerbosch Wine Estate
- Landowners have advised that athletes loitering on the trails after 09:00 will be chased off their properties
- No access through Eendrag during dark hours
- No access between Somerset College and Vredenburg farm
- No access to Helderberg Farm Trails at this stage
Follow normal trail routes when a bike light is not required
We are also trying to find a way to get membership packs to those who have not collected yet as well as those who registered during the lockdown period. You should receive communication from us as soon as we have resolved the issues.
Please covet the access we have been granted. It is not perfect, but it is fragile and can easily be ruined for all by transgressors.
Early morning access: Continue down Bredell road and enter at the gate on your left close tho the Graaff Trust barn.